If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday 11 June 2012

Candlewick Quilt Finished


Candlewick Quilt

Close up of Candlewick Quilt

Candlewick quilt on the bed


Candlewick Quilt Corner
I have spent the day today finishing my candlewick quilt and then cleaning up my sewing room. Unfortunately quilt as you go can get very messy with lots of trimming etc.
 I have taken some pics of the quilt on our queen sized bed as well as being held up by my husband. If the quilt is too long for your bed you can easily leave off the border on the top and bottom of the quilt. It isn't really tapered at the bottom as it appears in one of the pics. It was also getting dark when I took the pics so the lighting wasn't that great.

I really must now concentrate on writing up the remaining lessons and also work towards completing the christening gown which is my goal for this last week of my holidays.

8 comments:

  1. It's just gorgeous and a work of art. Keep it safe! This is an heirloom for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I missed the sale on getting these! Love your blog and will keep following it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful work. I really like this.
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try and take some pics in the sun so that you can get a better idea of the lovely colours. I am planning a black based quilt using the same designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, it's gorgeous. What a lovely heirloom. I look forward to seeing the one with black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Wish I had half your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has got to be the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen! You really are a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete